Thursday, July 28, 2011

the tanning incident

so I *may* have overdone it with the tanning cream last night.
I was trying a new one out and it goes on and instantly gives you a bronzy color
which is nice because you can see where you are applying it.
sorta.

i thought i had blended it in but you know those areas that are tougher like your hands, wrists,
ankles, knees?
most of those areas i managed to blend in nicely.
but I must have forgot about my hands.
yeeesh

it ain't pretty, gals.
but it will fade right? it looks so nasty!
my feet turned out ok, although I have them hidden in these shoes
i do like the brand, it doesn't smell as bad as some i have tried.
it's a bit on the perfumy side and i felt sticky for a while until it completely dried.
I apply mine before bed and sleep overnight with it on.
then shower in the morning.
so I don't like those awful stinky ones when i have to sleep with it on.
i'll definitely use it again but next time i'll be sure to blend a bit better!
*i really am bad at blending*

not sure how well you can see it but trust me, it's bad. on both sides of both hands!
*top: F21, necklace and headband: claires, , shoes: payless, watch: fossil, nail polishes: love and beauty in magenta, revlon in kiss me coral*

better luck next time!
*do you use self-tanner? have you found a brand you love?*

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sheri

I love the honesty :)

If streaks were in you'd be fab!

I have used the Johnson and Johnson body moisturiser with the self tanner in it - the fair - to medium was the nicest.
I applied it one evening then reapplied it the next evening - you can apply each day or keep every 2nd or 3rd day applications to keep the "glow"

I have not ever had a spray tan as yet - I will one day

have a lovely day

x
Loulou

July said...

that's why I am terrified of self-tanners!! I swear, I just don't have it in me to spend the time to do it right, and ultimately - I end up looking like a big bright orange!!!

Hang in there though, it will fade away - and you still looks pretty! You just have an extra glow! :)

a peony princess said...

Too funny! The self tanner I like best is from Neo Strata, it comes tinted too which does make it easier to apply, doesn't it? Though I must admit I use it on my face only, I find I'm not very skilled in blending around the hands and knees! Cute blog from another fellow Canadian girl!

Kelly said...

Tanners are sooo tricky! But it seems like you found a good one; loving the color! This might sound funny BUT it works....try spraying windex (YES windex) on a paper towel and rub it on the unblended areas. Totally helps :)

Sheri said...

Thanks for the tips, ladies! I am going to search for those brands. I have used probably 5 or 6 different brands. They are all good in their own way. It just takes practice applying it. I really want to try getting a spray tan too one day!

Sara said...

I think the spray tan its the better option!

Kiss,
sara

Luisa Rodríguez said...

haha it's funny but true

better luck next time.. it happens to everybody :)

_________________________________
http://mustbeliberating.blogspot.com/