1. My favorite place i've ever traveled to is Hawaii. I love warm places and beaches.
2. Australiais somewhere I'd love to go someday. I MUST get there someday!
3. I pass the time on a plane (or bus, or car ride or train) by reading, sudoku, listening to music, crosswords, watching movies.
4. My three must-haves when I travel are my ipod ,snacksand my travel blanket and pillow!
5. My favorite travel companion isthe hubster! We travel so well together.
6. The craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling is (I have 2, coincidentally one is similar to Lauren's!) Landing at Heathrow Airport in London and having to hightail it outta there due to a bomb threat. #2 was flying through a tropical storm on our way to Florida, the turbulence was INSANE. Scared the bleepin' crap outta me. We were diverted to Austin, Texas. Good times.
7. The most exotic food I've ever tried while traveling is hmmm...thinking.... Maybe soft-shell crab in New Orleans. It takes getting used to (texture-wise) but it was good!
8. If I could live anywhere else, I'd live in Hawaii.
9. I have been to 12 (I think)
states in the U.S. And since I'm Canadian I am adding that I have also been to 5 provinces (out of 10 provinces and 3 territories...geez, I better get traveling!!!)
Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Rat are quick-witted, clever, charming, sharp and funny. They have excellent taste, are a good friend and are generous and loyal to others considered part of its pack. Motivated by money, can be greedy, is ever curious, seeks knowledge and welcomes challenges. Compatible with Dragon or Monkey.
HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, onions and garlic; cook 3 min. or until chicken is browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in ginger, curry powder and cumin; cook and stir 1 min.
ADD next 4 ingredients; stir. Bring to boil; simmer on medium heat 10 min. or until chicken is done and cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally.
REMOVE from heat. Stir in cilantro and dressing until well blended.
So usually on New Year's day, I cozy up with a blanket,
a pillow and my journal,
and write out my goals for the upcoming year.
I also review the goals I set last year,
to see how I did.
I actually review them throughout the year,
to make sure I am on track.
I like having goals for myself,
because it's so easy to
get caught up in the day-to-day
craziness of life,
it sometimes feels like we are spinning our wheels,
Just going through the motions, trying to
get through the chores,
the never-ending lists of things to do.
So.....I said usually I do my goals on Jan. 1st.
But yesterday my hubby ended up at Urgent Care.
So that was fun!
He's ok but it took hours.
He had to miss going to a production of
Beauty and the Beast with
me and the girls.
So my Mom came with us which was so lovely
and everything worked out fine.
But it was a crazy day.
So I am going to work on my goals today.
I have never blogged my goals before.
I'll just share a few.
1) Be kind to my hubby - I always put this one on my goal list to remind myself not to take him for granted. Sometimes we treat those closest to us, the worst. We take our day-to-day frustrations out on them. So I try to remember that he loves me and supports me everyday and deserves to be treated wonderfully.
2) Have more patience with my kids - this one is similar to the #1. I absolutely hate yelling at my kids
and I'm sure they don't enjoy it either! I try to remember that they need my attention so instead of saying, 'later, I'm busy!' I try to at least show them that I am listening, even if it's in the midst of trying to prepare dinner. They have fragile egos and I don't want to be the one to hurt them when I am the one that should be building them up to be happy, healthy wonderful girls.
3) Get a job - I have been off work since May. It's time. I need to make this a priority. Ick.
4) Take a photography course - this has been on my goal list for a few years now. Maybe this year, it'll happen. But I doubt it.
5) Work on nurturning my creative side - in the past few months, I have been doing lots of arts and crafting. I have never been any good at creative stuff (meaning...really bad) (except I have always enjoying writing). So it has been so FUN trying new things, making jewelry, painting with my kids. And I cannot believe how much peace it brings me. I absolutely love it.
6) Try to see the positive in everything - this is an ongoing goal for me. I want to be a positive energy in the world and for my family, although THEY are the ones that inspire me to be positive and love this life we are living together.
These are fairly general and I do have more specific ones (like maybe a trip this year...!)
For now, these will keep me busy!
Shine on, sweet peas.