Monday, August 8, 2011

the glory of tri-ing


"Some people dream of success while others wake up and achieve it."

I am so
*inspired*

I have always loved watching triathlons. Either on tv, like the Hawaii Ironman, or during the Olympics. I am fascinated by these athletes and by this race. I cannot imagine the training that goes into preparing for one.

And then to go out and swim, bike and run.
1.5km swim, 40km bike ride, 10km run.
Without breaks!
No days in between!
Just minutes.

I always get emotional watching these races but yesterday was especially so.
My own fabulous sister did one.
She did it.
I am in awe and I am SO freakin' proud of her.

She has talked for years about completing a tri and now you have, sister.
Bask in the glow of your unbelievable achievement.
You deserve it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Sheri

As I mentioned to you via twitter (you are awesome for joining by the way:)

I felt so proud of your sister and connected to her - and I do not know her at all.

I am very very proud of any girl/woman power and achievements.

To do this is an amazing moment in ones life and you and she should be so proud.

I made a list of 19 new blog & noteworthy sites today - I feel pretty chuffed too

x

Loulou
(your blog friend from Australia)

Sheri said...

Thank you Loulou! I love to hear about girl power achievements too, it's so inspiring and exhilarating!

I cannot wait to check out the noteworthy sites you listed!

Sheri
xo

Simply Camylla said...

wow thats very inspiring!
Congrats for making it!

Lots of Love,
simplycamylla.blogspot.com

Nelah said...

Big kudos to your sister. What a great self achievement she did. I know how we all said we would do this and that but never take action. Life is short and we just have to start doing now. Great inspiration.

amber lynn said...

That is such an awesome accomplishment!!! It feels great to put your mind to something and achieve it.

a peony princess said...

I'm inspired too! Good for her! She must be so proud of herself. And I love those handmade signs!

xo

Sheri said...

Thanks ladies! I passed along your sweet comments to my sister and she was very moved! ♥ Just one reaso why I love blogging so much. I have the best followers!

Meine Dinge Franka said...

Hello Sheri,
found your blog vie LouLou!

Like it so much!
See you soon!
Franka