Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's in your Chili?


My sister and I were talking about what was for supper the other night and we both agreed we make chili, a lot! It is kind of our standby. Easy, fast, yummy. How can you go wrong? I always make the recipe I grew up with, I love it!

But chili can be made in so many different ways, beef, chicken chili, vegetarian chili! Throw in some sausage or some green pepper, hot peppers.

So what's your recipe? What do you put in your chili?
Here's mine, pretty basic and easy! Thanks to Mom and Dad for feeding this to me growing up.

Ground beef (about a pound)
Half to 3/4 of an onion, chopped
Kidney beans (1 can)
Mushrooms (fresh or 1 can)
Canned diced tomatoes (1-28 oz can)
Chili powder (a couple tablespoons and up depending on how hot you want it!)

Sometimes I add garlic and/or sausage or grated carrots, the kids will never know!

Brown the meat, add onion, add rest of ingredients, simmer for 20 minutes. Top with grated parmesan or cheddar cheese when served. Serve with buns for dipping!

No comments: