Tuesday, June 28, 2011

School's Out! Summer's Here!


Today was the last day of school. Summer vacation! I remember last days of school, being SO excited to stay up late, playing outside until after ten o'clock and it was still light out but getting a bit chilly. Who needs a sweater? The dew felt good! Doing handstands on the front lawn with my sister and waving to cars as they go by to see who would wave back. Playing with my friends, riding my bike to the park, going on vacation in my Grandma and Grandpa's motorhome, playing hide and go seek with the kids on our block and we used the ENTIRE block so it was harder to find everyone.

The summer seemed ohhh so long. Heavenly. Now summer is about figuring out how to keep the kids entertained and before we know it, it's time to start back-to-school shopping. Oh boy, sorry I said THAT! Let's not think about that today! Today is about a summer that awaits us, playing in the sprinklers, going to the park, riding bikes, amusement parks, camping, crafts and movies on rainy days and just generally hanging with my girls. I am not working this summer for the first time in forever so I actually get to spend the summer reliving those days through the eyes of my girls. I can't wait!

~ Cookie photo from sweetsugarbelle.com

No comments: