Monday, September 1, 2008

Peach Salsa


I know, I know, ANOTHER salsa recipe.  But it's a great way to take advantage of all the wonderful fresh produce in the summer.  On our holidays, my parents bought 80 pounds of peaches and we were the recipient of a few of them.   So I made salsa!  This is a recipe my sister gave me a couple years ago and it's so delicious.

~ 2 cups chopped fresh (or frozen, thawed) peaches
~ 1/4 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
~ 2 to 4 Tbsp. grapefruit juice (I used pineapple juice)
~ 4 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
~ 2 medium green onions, chopped (2 Tbsp.)
~ Dash of salt
(I also added a touch of lime juice)

Mix all ingredients.  Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavours.

My aunt and cousin threw a wonderful bridal shower for my sister a few years ago and they had the fantastic idea to have a salsa bar.  It was so delicious!  You can use this peach salsa and this one and this one and have your own salsa bar!  Feel free to send me YOUR favourite salsa recipes, jzmgirlz@gmail.com. 

~ From the kitchen of Leah C.

No comments: