Thursday, July 3, 2008

Crepes


Tonight, I had no idea what to make for supper.  We desperately need to go shopping but in the meantime, I was on my own with the girls, it was nearing 6:00 and they were hungry.  I looked in my pantry, the fridge and found ingredients for crepes.  Perfect!

To make 6 crepes, use:
~ 1 cup flour
~ 1 cup milk
~ 2 eggs
~ 1/4 tsp. salt
~ 1/2 tsp. sugar
~ 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Put ingredients into a blender and pulse for 10 seconds.  Scrape sides and keep pulsing until mixed.  Heat up your crepe pan or frying pan to medium heat (I played around with the heat). Grease heated pan with a dab of butter, only for the first crepe.  You don't need to regrease.
Pour a bit of crepe batter into pan and turn pan to coat the bottom evenly.  (This is why I like mixing it in a blender, it's easy to pour!)  When the batter starts to bubble, check the bottom of the crepe and flip it over.  It only takes a minute or two on each side so don't leave your crepes alone!  Pour next crepe and repeat.

The only fruit I had in the house were apples so I peeled and sliced an apple, microwaved it til it was soft and added a touch of cinnamon.  Put a bit of apple mixture onto a crepe, roll it up and eat it.   We dipped ours in a bit of icing sugar and syrup.  Tasty and (fairly) healthy!   Use any fruit you like or stuff crepes with ham and cheese or mushrooms.  The possibilities are endless.  Bon appetit!

No comments: