Monday, March 29, 2010

Moroccan Chic and Quick Creole Shrimp



So there probably isn't anything Morrocan about shrimp (is there?) except maybe the colours of both this outdoor room and this beautiful shrimp dish are delightful...and similar!

I LOVE moroccan decor, I gravitate towards the jewel tones and the wonderful dreaminess of softly draped fabrics. Some of the fabric can be heavy but I don't mind that either now and then in the right setting.
These photos are from the book Moroccan Chic which Alkemie posted on. See the blog here, I just LOVE it, always amazing photos.


The table above would be a perfect setting for your shrimp dish! It's from the Spring 2010 Kraft magazine. My hubby and I loved it, I just omitted the cajun seasoning for my kids. We served it over pasta the first time we made it and rice the second. Both were yummies!


Quick Creole Shrimp

~ 1 lb. frozen uncooked shrimp, thawed
~ 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
~ 1/4 cup Kraft Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sun Dried Tomato Dressing (I didn't have it so I used Red Pepper and Parmesan and it was awesome)
~ 2 cloves garlic, minced
~ 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

Toss shrimp with seasoning. Heat a medium skillet on medium-high. Add dressing and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.

Stir in shrimp, cook 2-3 minutes or til done. Top with parsley.

Serve over pasta or rice.

No comments: