Herb Citrus Cordial (makes 4-5 pints)
- 6 cup sugar
- Zest of 6 citrus, in large pieces of peel
- 4 cups fresh citrus juice
- 2 cup water
- 8 cups loosely packed fresh basil or 2 cups lavender or 20 stalks of rosemary or some other herb you want to cordialize.
- In a large pot bring sugar, zest, juice, and water to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add the herbs and let the syrup infuse for at least 15 minutes.
- Meantime prepare your canning jars.
- Strain syrup through a fine sieve, squeezing out as much syrup as possible from the herb leaves before discarding them.
Serve with vodka and a splash of soda water, or just soda water if you prefer!
~ Lemonade photo and recipe courtesy off InnBrooklyn via Loving Living Small
~ Photo of California Poppy Fields, courtesy of msn.com
~ Victorian gazebo photo courtesy of House Beautiful